Internal Rules for Users of the Nagoya University Information & Communications Information Media Studies System
See PDF. (Japanese)
User Instructions for the Nagoya University Information Media Studies System
(1) Information Media Studies System users shall comply with the following matters:
- In order to protect their personal information safely, users shall not tell their user password to anyone else and they shall pay attention to keep it from being known by others. For its safety, we recommend that you change your password yourself frequently.
- Your Nagoya University ID that is issued by the University is a valuable privilege granted to individuals. Therefore, users shall pay careful attention not to allow others to use their ID.
- Users shall not break, lose or ruin hardware and equipment in the Center Laboratory or in each Satellite Laboratory.
If a user breaks, loses or ruins them or detects that this has occurred, he/she shall notify the Information Media Office (ext. 3903) to that effect promptly. This attitude will enable the Information Media Studies System to maintain a user-friendly environment at all times.
- The software of the Information Media Studies System is the shared property of all users. Users shall never modify or copy it.
- Users shall always use the Information Media Studies System sincerely. Users shall never commit any antisocial acts, such as violating the Copyright Act or other laws and regulations.
- Information media education supports the development of university education. Therefore, users shall not commit shameless acts, such as commercial acts, network crimes, distributing harmful information, etc. In addition, users shall pay attention to avoid any damage caused by trusting fraudulent information on the network unquestioningly.
- Users shall not use media to commit acts of defamation or any act that constitutes an abuse of human rights. Information media provide the means for users’ personalities to develop and be recorded.
- Notices and messages from the Information Media Studies System are announced on the bulletin board and electronic news feed. Please check them frequently.
(2) Please comply with the following matters when transmitting information from information media terminals:
- Please indicate your name and assured contact information so that the sender can always be identified. In addition, provide sufficient information so that the sender can be contacted without fail. It is important aspect of etiquette when using a network to transmit information clearly to each other.
- There is no guarantee that information for a specific person cannot be viewed by a third party. Therefore, do not send confidential information, such as your credit card information.
- Do not attempt to use computing resources within or outside the University that are not authorized for use.
(3) Users shall follow the directions of the person in charge of a class, University staff members and those persons who are authorized by the Director of the Center. This is a basic condition for users to be able to use the Information Media Studies System without confusion.
(4) With regard to problems on the network between users, the Information Media Studies System will not get involved. Please strive to prevent conflict from growing by relying on user responsibilities and calm decisions.
The principle of using shared facilities is that users can use them freely and comfortably in an environment where a sound relationship between people has been established and where people can mutually exchange information and develop together. The Information Media Studies System strives to maintain and improve the information environment for this purpose. Users must comply with these User Instructions and follow the rules above when using the terminal rooms.
The equipment and software that are installed in the Center Laboratory and Satellite Laboratories are the shared property of all users.
The principle of using shared facilities is that users can use them freely and comfortably in the environment where a sound relationship between people has been established and where people can mutually exchange information and develop.
The Information Media Studies System strives to maintain and improve the information environment for this purpose.
Users must comply with User Instructions and follow the rules below when using the terminal rooms.
- Never eat or drink in the room. It will cause damage and ruin equipment.
- Never enter a terminal room during a class if you are not a student in the class. Your entrance will disturb the class.
- Do not occupy a terminal computer for a purpose that does not meet the Internal Rules for Users, such as to play a game, etc.
If an act in violation of these rules is found, we will check your name, user ID and other matters.